All visitors require visa except those SAARC Nationals such as Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals can obtain a visa at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of 6 month validity( Indian nationals may also use their voters Identity Card( VIC).
However other tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
You are ask to send required document of Scan copy of Passport to Tour Operator like 7 Brothers Tours and Travels who is registered under Tourism Council of Bhutan.
At your point of boarding entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into
How to obtain VISA
There are several steps to obtain visa
- You must send Scan copy of your passport which is validity of 6 months
- You must send Tour payment to Bhutan priority to your arrival to Bhutan in the Government’s account
- Visa can be issued by the government after application from the local Tour agency like 7 Brothers Tours and Travels
SAFETY OF YOUR TOUR PAYMENT
- Prior to your trip to Bhutan you will be asked to wire the full payment for your holiday to the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- This money will remain with the Tourism Council of Bhutan until your trip is complete. Only after you have completed your holiday will the monies be transferred to the local tour operator with which you booked your travel through. This helps to ensure the high quality of service received throughout your trip.
MINIMUM DAILY PACKAGE
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
• A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
• All meals
• A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
• All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
• Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
• All internal taxes and charges
• A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on this website. If you accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
Tour Programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
• Within 30 days of start of programme ~ no charges
• within 21 days ~ 10% of rate
• within 14 days ~ 15% of rate
• within 7 days ~ 30% of rate
• less than 7 days or without notice ~ 50% of rate
• after arrival in Bhutan ~ 100%
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
A) There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty. This Royalty is currently set at $65 per day.
B) Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall also be given a 25% discount on the Royalty.
C) A discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
D) A 50%discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th night.